All Healing Comes From God!



“And by the river upon the bank thereof... shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade…and the
fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.”

Ezekiel 47:12















Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Thunder Rolls


This time of year always makes me stop and think how prepared I really am. It is with out a doubt that as soon as the monsoons rolls in the thundering, lightening and the wind begins to blow. A very short time later out goes the lights. Was I right in the middle of dinner? Now what. Do I have the tools to still cook dinner with out the electricity? Does this happen to you? Well, what if we have to do with out electricity? What if something happens and we have to be in our homes for weeks or even a few months? Are you ready? Am I ready? This can be a scary thought if we are not prepared. How do we get prepared? I love Wendy Dewitt's food storage plan. Basically, her plan in a nut shell, choose your basic recipes and multiply out all of the ingredients and then buy all the items as you can. Don't buy all of one ingredient at one time. Instead, make a list of what to buy each week so if you need to start using it you will have all the ingredients to make your recipes (for how ever many months you have). You can view Wendy Dewitt's food storage plan on You-Tube here is the link.
If you send her an e-mail she will send you a pdf of her booklet email her at: wdewitt22@msn.com .Another idea that came to me is to write down everything you use for a week or a month...I mean everything. This way you can double check that you have all of these items in your food storage or you can at least decide if you can live with out it. How much electricity did you use that week? What will you do if you do not have it? Propane? Camp fire? Solar oven? How will you grind your wheat? So much to think about...but it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment