All Healing Comes From God!



“And by the river upon the bank thereof... shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade…and the
fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.”

Ezekiel 47:12















Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Freestanding Sourdough Loaf


This is one of the best bread I have ever had. Plus it is a forgiving, easy recipie. I thank Kara for the recipe ( She brought me the bread as a trade for some of my zucchini starter plants). We love it. I served it with the herbed white sauce pasta.

Freestanding Sourdough Loaf

2 c warm water

1 c cooked barley (I keep this frozen in the freezer in 1 c. servings)

1/3 c extra virgin oilive oil

1/3 c honey

1TBSP Salt

1 c sour dough starter ( I do not have the recipe for the starter...but I can give you some of mine)

2 TBSP apple cider vinegar (do not leave this out...enhances the flavor)

2 TBSP dough enhancer ( I have never added this...guess I should get some...taste great even with out it ).

6 C hard white wheat flour (I use 4 c wheat and 2 c white flour...lighter texture)

1 TBSP instant yeast


Place water, barley, oil, honey, salt, sour dough starter, vinegar, and dough enhancer into bosh mixer. Put in 3 cups of the flour. Make a well in the flour and add yeast. KNead with dough hook, adding remaining flour until the dough pulls together and away from the sides. Knead for 8 minutes. Keep a watch on the dough in the first few minutes to make sure it is kneading and not getting struck to the center post, add more flour as needed. Remove dough from bowl and work on oiled surface. Divide into two loaves. Place onto parchment paper and let rise til double. I sprinle it with garlic salt. Place in 400* oven on a preheated pizza stone. Cook for 20 minutes- do not open the oven door. Loaves are done at 180*, let cool on wire rack. Slice and serve. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment