
Can you say delish? Herbed White sauce over pasta. My friend Kara taught us this simple recipie and our cooking class. I made it Sunday for dinner. This could be adapted very easily and added to your food storage recipes. My family loved it! I served it with sour dough loaf bread, salad and zucchini.
Herbed White Sauce
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP flour
2 cloves garlic
2 TBSP fresh sage, chopped- I did not have fresh so I used- 1/2 tsp of dried parsley,
rosemary, basil and thyme-I did not have dried Sage...go figure)
2 C. Milk
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated ( I used dried)
1 c Parmesean cheese, grated ( I used a 6 cheese blend that had parmesean in it)
Cook butter and flour for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add garlic and herbs, cook 30 seconds and add milk. Stir constantly and add pepper, nutmeg and cheese until melted. Add more milk to thin if needed. I served this over a multi grain rotini pasta (wheat pasta would have been to heavy. Kara uses a rice pasta...I need to try this). TIP- Kara told me to use 1-2 tsp of the dried herb if you do not have the fresh herb. If you want to use it for food storage you will need to store powdered milk, and dehyderated cheese and of course the other ingredients as well. Enjoy!
Herbed White Sauce
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP flour
2 cloves garlic
2 TBSP fresh sage, chopped- I did not have fresh so I used- 1/2 tsp of dried parsley,
rosemary, basil and thyme-I did not have dried Sage...go figure)
2 C. Milk
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated ( I used dried)
1 c Parmesean cheese, grated ( I used a 6 cheese blend that had parmesean in it)
Cook butter and flour for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add garlic and herbs, cook 30 seconds and add milk. Stir constantly and add pepper, nutmeg and cheese until melted. Add more milk to thin if needed. I served this over a multi grain rotini pasta (wheat pasta would have been to heavy. Kara uses a rice pasta...I need to try this). TIP- Kara told me to use 1-2 tsp of the dried herb if you do not have the fresh herb. If you want to use it for food storage you will need to store powdered milk, and dehyderated cheese and of course the other ingredients as well. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment