All Healing Comes From God!



“And by the river upon the bank thereof... shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade…and the
fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.”

Ezekiel 47:12















Friday, July 17, 2009

Taco Soup

My family loves Taco Soup. In fact we fight over the left overs and Brylee even wanted it for her birthday dinner but decided on manacotti at the last minute. So...we had it for dinner last night. This is quick, economical and made with my favorite Black Beans!!! I will give you the basic recipie, but I hardly ever make a recipe as it is listed-I hardly ever measure ingredients in recipes like this. I will try to take a phot before it is all gone next time. :)

Taco Soup-Original recipe-thanks for the idea -Susan Buxton
2 lb ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 pkg. taco seasoning
2 c kidney beans
2 cans corn
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
grated cheese
sour cream
tortilla chips

My version-
1/2 lb ground beef (if I add it at all)
1 chopped onion- if I have time
1-2 c salsa- I hate taco seasoning-yuck!
black beans+ cooking water do not drain- I cook up 2-3 cups dried black beans in my pressure
cooker. Sometimes I use a variety of what ever beans I have in the freezer.
1 can corn-do not drain
1 large can pureed tomatoes
grated cheese
sour cream
Torilla chips

In my large double enameled cast iron pot (Love It! ) I add ground beef and onions (if I am using them) and a TBSP oilve oil and cook over medium heat until meat is browned and onions are soft. Add all other ingredients and simmer -on low heat-with the lid on, stirring ocasionally, for a
few hours to really bring out the flavor. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips. Serves aprox. 12

No comments:

Post a Comment