
Made these yesterday for dessert. They were moist and really good. I think I might add 1-2 cups of shredded zuccchini next time and even make them into muffins.
Carob/Cocoa Brownies
2 eggs
2/3 c honey (i used 1/2 apple sauce 1/2 honey)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c melted butter (not hot)
1 mashed banana
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
3/4 c water
1/3 c sifted carob (I used cocoa powder)
1 c whole wheat flour (I used 1/2 white flour to apease my lighter crowd)
1 c chopped walnuts
Beat eggs, add all other wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Cobine together and mix well. Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased 9" x 13" glass baking dish. Bake exactly 23 minutes at 350* I made a double batch and cooked it for 25 minutes. If you over cook it, it will be dry.
Neat blog, Cindy. Can't wait to try these brownies. Starlyn
ReplyDelete